Saturday, October 22, 2011

Meeting Paula Deen!



We got to meet Paula Deen at the Hastings Book Store in Tyler! Ms. Deen was really nice...Wait! Maybe I should start at the beginning! We got to the store at 3:00pm. Ms Deen was supposed to be there at 6:00pm. However, there was a long line ahead of us- in fact, we were the 200th person in line! So, after three hours of waiting, we got bored, so my brothers and I went to the kid's book section to read. However, they were blocking the kid's section off, and had prepared a little table with a bunch of yummy foods for her. While we were there, we found out that her book, Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible, had reached #1 on the New York Time's Bestseller's List. So, we bought several copies of the book and got them signed by her. Ms. Deen was friendly and said she loved all her Texas gals and guys,told Andrew she liked his shirt. etc.,but of course we only got to see her for a little bit.We met several nice people in line and it was worth the wait! I told my mom "Now all we have to do is meet Taylor Swift and I'm happy!":-) It did take a long time in line, though. People had literally camped out ! Anyway, I had a good time. We got a compliment from Ms. Deen-she said 'What polite children ya'll are!" Oh, and this is my 100th blog post so far!:-)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thats so cool. Have you ever read the Ivy and Been books or The Magic Half? Well, I got to meet the author, Annie Barrows!

    Congrats on your 100th post.

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Winnie!Yes, I've read the Magic Half. That's really neat that you met the author!

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice when you comment!