Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fresh by Brookshires




horned melon

orange cauliflower.

So yummy!

pretty cake

Rainbow Rose


Andrew eating gelato 

Christopher eating gelato

video
I know, I know. I already posted about FRESH. But my wonderful mom just happens to be the field trip coordinator for TACHE and got us a trip so awesome, I HAD to post about it! Since you've probably read my earlier post, I'll skip the details and focus on the tour. On the tour, we went to the meat area first. They season all their own meat and grind it. Then we went to the charcuterie  and got to sample cheese, see how they slice and age the cheese, etc. A charcuterie is a French term for smoked. They smoke the cheese instead of refrigerating it to preserve the taste. As you might know, I love cheese, especially Havarti, and we got to try a kind they make called Havarti with dill. It tastes JUST LIKE A PICKLE!! Then we tried their homemade tortillas from there bakery-they were almost as good as mom's and mine- then something called rice puffs.The video above is of  the machine making them.Then we tried homemade peanut butter and peanut butter cups. And, since it was hot, every kid's fave stop.. the giant freezer! It was 10 degrees Fahrenheit. This is definitively a tour worth taking. Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!