Thursday, September 13, 2012

My job!!

My Badge!
  Yesterday I started work. Well, not really "work." I'm a teen volunteer at ETMC. (That's a hospital in our area.)I'll be working with the Ladies' Auxiliary. I had to take a really hard quiz on patient confidentiality and information on DHHS rules, but I passed, (yay me!:-) and so now I'm official. I got my picture taken  for  a professional badge that lets me go anywhere in the hospital. This way I can take lab samples and progress charts anywhere. I also get to help wheel patients to their cars. Soon, I'm going to buy some scrubs to go with my Candy Striper smock so I look official. I'm so excited! I want to be a pediatric nurse, so being able to volunteer in a hospital environment is really fun for me. I'll be working four hour shift once a week.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura!

    I'm so happy that you want to be a nurse too! I am loving what I'm learning in school and I know you will too! When I was in high school I volunteered at a hospital too and it was one of the most rewarding experiences I've had. I know you will really enjoy working there.

    Blessings,

    Rubi
    lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice when you comment!