Thursday, April 12, 2012

Decorative Clipboard Tutorial! (It's easy, I promise!)

Everything you'll need..

I've been making decorative clipboards, and they turned out sooo cute! I was inspired by a clipboard I got a few years ago from my Grandmama. Anyways, I thought I'd show you how to make some...




        What You Need!
Mod Podge
A sponge paintbrush
A clipboard, of course!
Scissors
Pretty ribbons (in coordinating colors and various textures/sizes)
2 sheets of pretty paper.
Paint marker(optional, but I highly recommend using one for a finished look)




  1. Take clipboard and apply Mod Podge to it with a  paintbrush. Don't use too much!!
  2. Trim paper to fit and lay on top of wet Mod Podge, leaving a boarder of plain clipboard showing. Let it dry for a few minutes.
  3. Repeat steps 1-2 on back of clipboard. Paint both sides again with Mod Podge. Let he clipboard dry!
  4. Take paint marker and use it to color the border you made in step 3. I suggest using a silver Elmer's paint marker because it looks great and is easy to find.
  5. Gather all your ribbons and cut them in the sizes you want. Tie them to the clip on the clipboard with a simple knot.
Enjoy your fabulous "new" clipboard!




P.S: Sorry I haven't posted in forever-we're sooo busy with the Livestock Show. Posts about that coming soon!

P.P.S : Let me know if you made the clipboard-I'd love to see pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!