Monday, April 30, 2012

4-H Roundup

Me before I gave my speech...

I gave a speech/PowerPoint on Portion Distortion at 4-H Roundup, which is  a contest where 4-Her's give speeches, play instruments, and many other things, within certain categories. It's really fun!! You write a speech and memorize it. (it has to be at least 5 minutes long) Then you go to Roundup and give the speech in front of judges and others. They will mail you a scorecard  with feedback later. My speech was on Portion Distortion, which is when your eyes are too big for your stomach and how to eat healthier. I was in the health category. My brother Christopher did a cooking demonstration and got first place in his category also! His blog is http://childressdvm.blogspot.com/ I really enjoyed doing Roundup and hope to do it next year!
Me with my first-place medal after my speech1:-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!