Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What I did yesterday

So, Anners and I won our first case! I was dancing up the courthouse stairs-I was so happy! I got to give an Opening Statement and write up some jury questions. This is my Opening Statement: (We were representing the state of Texas against a driving without a license case.)

My opening statement:

The defendant made a choice to break the law. Now she must bear the consequences. She chose to get behind the wheel and drive without a license, thoughtlessly endangering herself and countless others.  She thought “The law applies to you, you, and you, but it doesn’t apply to me. She didn’t consider that, According to the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, an average of a little more than 8,000 people were killed each year in driving-without-a-license crashes from 1993 to 1999. That's 20 percent of all fatal crashes.  I’m thankful no one was injured, but that doesn’t change the fact that others could’ve been killed, as could she. No one should be able to drive without a license and get away with it. The law applies to everyone.


After Teen Court we went to a County Council 4-H meeting. We held elections and gave out the photography awards. I received a third and fifth place ribbons for my  photography. I was elected  secretary!



1 comment:

  1. Teen Court sounds kinda cool. Thanks for sharing!
    Hannah
    danz4god.wordpress.com
    wishinghearts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice when you comment!