Okay, here are some tips on how to write a poem (and a poem by me that kinda stinks!):
1. Write about something you love!
2. Know a few things on the topic you're writing about.
3. Your poem doesn't have to rhyme.
4. Jot down ideas and how the subject makes you feel, then work with them until they rhyme or you like how it sounds.
5. Keep a good poem journal and even a bad poem journal! Someday you could realize one of your bad poems is great and want it.
6. Share your work! I always hide my stories but share my poems, for some weird reason!
The clouds slowly melt away
In rolls a sunny day.
Fresh smells from last night's rain are everywhere
and sunbeams and laughter are in the air.
Birds chirp and tweet;
dewdrops form on the lawn chair's seat.
all over the house frowns turn to smiles
(that seem to stretch for miles!)
Because this is a summer morning.
I found this pic on the web, it reminds me of the view from our back pasture before all the pretty green grass turned brown! It is from http://redgage-photos.s3.amazonaws.com/angelafaith/5980173321_4e0a2c0dba_b.jpg.
4-H american girl stuff books books inspiring people Church crafts cupcakes. Dnow dolls Easter Easter Flowers famous people friends fun places fun things Highlights hospital indiana jones inspiring people library Little brother(s) my family my life pets Project show. Project show. Crafty Creations Rainbow girls RECIPES RECIPIES RRECIPES school suburban trips