Tuesday, July 19, 2011

George Washington Carver by John Perry

                  I am trying Book sneeze, and I was really excited to get my first book,  George  Washington Carver, by John Perry. It covered all of Carver's life, and told many little-known facts about him. It made me think. Although I wouldn't recommend it for very young children,(because it had some graphic details on lynching) :-(  I think it would be a good read-aloud. The book told things that were amazing, like: George discovered 145 uses for the peanut, about 245 uses for the sweet potato, and 60 uses for the pecan. That he managed to do all of this despite prejudice and poverty makes this a very inspiring read. The book was Christian based, and the author did a good job of putting in spiritual quotes from George, like "Peanuts are a part of a 'natural diet' given as a great gift from our Creator."  All in all, I really liked the book,and I'd give it 4 stars.
 Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertisingstars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!