Monday, April 8, 2013

Volunteering @ the Special Needs Kids Egg Hunt

Hello! Long time no post! Sorry about that. I've been busy. But don't worry, darlings- I'll fill you in on every fascinating detail of my life. :-)
    Last Friday I got to volunteer with my 4-H group at the special needs egg hunt. Two school buses full of the most adorable l kids ever came, and as soon as they got off the bus we volunteers were paired with them. I was paired with the cutest little girl named Aleyah. The instant her teacher said "This is Laura Ashley. She's going to help you hunt eggs" Aleyah ran and gave me an enormous hug, then grabbed my hand and led me towards the big field where they'd hunt Easter eggs. She was so sweet! We had so much fun together, as she would carefully open each plastic egg, then hand them to me to be closed just as meticulously. She loved this! We opened and closed easter eggs for a good ten minutes! Then I got to visit with  a girl named Kylie. She was in a wheelchair, but that didn't stop her from gathering lots of eggs. My friend's little brother, Ben, was so hilarious! When some of the eggs the kids were getting rolled under a fence, he jumped the fence, handed them the egg, saluted,and walked off. It was very funny! I had a really good time helping the kids.I've gotten to do so many awesome volunteer opportunities that I never would have got to do without 4-H. This was amazing, and I definitely want to help again! Everyone was so nice. I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!