Tuesday, July 3, 2012

5 famous buildings/structures that I love...

So, I'm going to post on 5 famous buildings/structures that I love, and some facts about them...

photo from http://www.visitingdc.com/images/eiffel-tower-paris-france.jpg
    

  1. The Eiffel Tower. (of course.) The Eiffel Tower was constructed for the World's Fair Exposition of 1889 by Alexander Gustave Eiffel. It was originally built as a temporary structure, to be torn down after the fair.-luckily it was not. There are two restaurants and a buffet inside the tower. Visitors are allowed to go to the third floor of the tower. There are over 1,600 steps also, but most people take the elevator. :-)




photo from http://franklinlloydwright.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Falling-Water-An-Architectural-Legacy.jpg
2. Fallingwater! I want to live here. Fallingwater was built by Frank Lloyd Wright for his multimillionaire clients the Kaufmann’s in 1935. Today you can tour Fallingwater. Many art and architecture students tour it so they can learn about the techniques used to build and design the structure. This house was what made Wright's architecture famous. It is his best-known structure.




photo from karmanlee.com
 3. The Boston Public Library. I've been here, and I loved it! When you step inside, you see majestic architecture, beautiful murals, and imposing statues. Everywhere you look, art/architecture students are perched, sketching busily or taking pictures. From there, you head to the brightly lit kids and teens section, were you can read and read and read lots of enthralling books...




photo from http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/85/78385-004-4D20E900.jpg

4. The Alamo. I've been here too many times to count, yet every time I learn something new and inspiring. The Alamo, once called the Mission San Antonio de Valero, used to be a Catholic mission, then a fortress and was the site of the Battle of the Alamo in 1836. It is now a museum in Downtown San Antonio, Texas. I love it because it stands silently, helping us all remember the brave Texans who fought, though outnumbered, against a cruel  dictator and injustice, they helped to make Texas the 28th state.(and in my opinion, the best state, but that's because I live here!) "Texas, our Texas, all hail the mighty state!"  
photo from http://weddingmapper.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/photos/1/58/96139_l.jpg
5. 

I've been here! I did a whole post dedicated to this place, also on the nearby Neiman Marcus store and the Sixth floor museum, where JFK was assassinated. To view my posts on all those click here and scroll down a little: http://lac998.blogspot.com/2011_07_01_archive.html

(P.S. I've been to all except the top 2 places.)
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!