Friday, May 6, 2011

!!!:-) ********100******** !!!:-)

    I got a 100 on my math test! I am super  EXCITED, because math used to be my worst subject ever. Anyway, I'm learning about time zones and daylight saving time, so, here are some helpful things to remember about time!
1.Spring forward,Fall backward. Set your clocks forward in the spring, and back in the fall.
2. Time zones are an hour earlier in the east, and an hour later in the west.
3. Newfoundland time is not an actual time, because it is only a half hour time difference.
More stuff  I'm learning about;
Proportions,perimeter of rectangular polygons, faces, solids, edges, vertex, withdraw slips,adding\subtracting/multiplying/dividing fractions,etc..:-)!
I also did my science, I'm learning about Galileo.
Galileo wrote an awesome book called Two Principal Systems of the World,but this did not 'go' with popular beliefs,and this caused the Roman church officials to order him jailed. However, they instead confined him to his house, which was fine by him, because he could continue to study the stars from his window. He used a refracting telescope, which he invented after a visit to the world's most famous magnifying-glass maker.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!