1. They have a thick underfur that helps keep them warm and dry.
2. Babies are called pups!
3. A mother otter has 2-3 pups per litter.
4.Their den is called a holt.
5. The only way to get to a holt is through a secret underwater entrance.
6.They are VERY sociable.
7. Although most animals are not playful in their adult life, the otter loves to play.
8. They adore water. All otters live near some body of water.
9. Most wild animals have one mate after another, but otters are fiercely loyal, even grieving for it's mate if it dies.
10. They eat; turtles, snakes, crabs, and eels.
picture from http://carinbondar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/seaotter2.jpg.