Friday, July 5, 2013

Youth Trip

I'm back! I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July! Well, in approximately 3 days I am embarking on an adventure... canoeing! My church youth group is all going on a five day mission trip/ vacation.
The first day, we will be canoeing for 3 1/2 miles. The second day... maybe more. I have never been canoeing. And... I am a little scared. Because everyone keeps telling me horror stories of tipping over in a canoe or having a snake drop down on them from a tree. But hey, I 'm pretty sure I can do it. (Hopefully.) And, I 'm starting to get pretty pumped about it. We're going to help another church with VBS, paint several houses, and help with whatever our host churches need. That will be stuff like childcare, painting, building, picking up trash ,and general cleaning. It should be really fun, and a great bonding experience for our youth group.
If I survive canoeing.
I'll let you know in eight days.
:)

We aren't allowed to have ANY kind of media on the trip- Kindles, Ipad, phones, etc- so I probably won't be blogging within the next 8 days, packing and meeting and leaving and all.
This trip will be a good opportunity to help other churches even smaller than ours(If that's possible.)I'm excited about helping lead a VBS, and painting sounds like fun, too.
 I'm really looking forward to it.
Even the canoe part.
EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!




credit: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mWGhS2lmtCY/UYlscXq7ZFI/AAAAAAAAABw/870ctM37mwI/s320/Canoe.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!