Friday, August 11, 2017

going to Baylor

Well! It's good to be back. While working towards applying to college, I ran across several really helpful pre-med blogs. They inspired me to resurrect my personal blog, which I started as a tween in 2011. I hope to chronicle some of my adventures as a pre-med student and maybe help/inspire someone else in their college journey. Here, have a very school spirit-y picture:

Right now, I'm preparing to begin my freshman year at Baylor University in Waco. If you watch HGTV, you've probably heard of us thanks to these guys:
(Chip and Joanna Gaines from the TV show Fixer Upper) Who knew Waco would become so cool? It's really a fun place, and there's lots of great restaurants and shops in addition to a small town vibe.

I still can't believe it has been a year since I applied to college. It seems like just a moment ago I was buying up ACT books and running from my job to dual credits to college applications. Being homeschooled created some difficulties when it came to counselor's letters and school VOEs, but it also really helped me face the college process independently. I was so terrified of not getting in anywhere. When the acceptance letters started coming, it was a great feeling to know that I had applied to college entirely on my own. I am SO grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to go to college.

I'm majoring in pre-health science studies (basically pre-med) and I can't wait for move in.

Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be nice when you comment!