Thursday, September 18, 2014

i have an unusual name - a drama/tragedy/comedy in three parts.

Side note in case you're new here... my name is Laura Ashley . :)

What's in a name? For me, it's a lot of explaining.

"Laura. Ashley. Two words. Yes, it's my first name."

"Not Laura. No, not Ashley either."

"Laura Ashley. Like Mary Anne or Mary Kate."

"Yes, like the British fashion designer. And no, I don't get free dresses from them."
My name as a dress logo.


And whenever someone calls "Laura!" or "Ashley!", I automatically turn around because I get called that often, too.

I am called many names that are not mine. The only one I really dislike is Laurie, but the people who call me it are such sweethearts I don't mind. :)

  • Laurie
  • Smiley
  • Larsie
  • Doll
  • Laura Lynn
  • L.A
  • Laura Ashley
  • Lauren
  • Laura
  • Ashley
  • Ashlynn
  • Lora
  • Lara

All these things in consideration, however, I like having an unusual name. It makes me feel unique, and it's pretty cool to have never met anyone else with my name.  Do any of y'all have unique names, or are named for a cool reason? let me know!



3 comments:

  1. I'd say Lexie is pretty unusual!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and btw I tagged you for the 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me blog tag:

      http://www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/20-things-you-might-not-know-about-me.html

      Delete
  2. I think your name is lovely, Laura Ashley. You've got a new follower btw :D
    make sure you visit my blog as well :) http://vickiedoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please be nice when you comment!