|American Girl magazine pic from here.|
- First, find some embroidery floss. Cut four 22 inch strands of any colors you like.
- Gather all the floss together and tie a knot at the top and bottom of the floss.
- Hold one knot in each hand and twist slowly until you can feel the floss tightening between your fingers.
- Hold the floss straight out in front of you. Put a finger(or, if the floss tangles when you let go, use your foot)in the middle of the floss. Let go of the middle so the floss twists itself up.
- Twist the floss(still folded in half) the opposite way you twisted earlier. It will start to look a little like a braid. Stop when it gets really tight. Tie a big knot below the two knots you made earlier.
- To wear, pull the big knot through the loop at the bottom. If you're having trouble, check out the video above.