We learned about this verse in our Sunday School, and I've been thinking about it all week, so I decided to share this. Hope you like it!
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.Philippians 4:8
Cross references:This verse has 8 "keywords":
- Philippians 4:2 : Php 2:2
- Philippians 4:3 : S Php 2:25
- Philippians 4:3 : S Rev 20:12
- Philippians 4:4 : Ps 85:6; 97:12; Hab 3:18; S Mt 5:12; Ro 12:12; Php 3:1
- Philippians 4:5 : Ps 119:151; 145:18; Heb 10:37; Jas 5:8, 9
- Philippians 4:6 : Mt 6:25-34
- Philippians 4:6 : Eph 6:18; 1Ti 2:1
- Philippians 4:7 : Isa 26:3; S Jn 14:27
- Philippians 4:7 : Eph 3:19
- Philippians 4:9 : S 1Co 4:16
- Philippians 4:9 : S Ro 15:33
is by monitoring what we watch on TV and read.
Is that TV show or book what God would consider true? Pure? Admirable? And then there's lovely. The things we see and think about can be lovely- as long as they honor God.